Salt Lake City Private Investigations
Welcome to Western Investigations – Salt Lake City’s most experienced private investigations firm. We’ve been handling cases in and around this great city for more than 20 years. The company founder, Patrick R. Schneemann, graduated from the University of Utah in April of 1992 and by the July of that same year he began his career as a Private Investigator. He started working as a full time surveillance investigator for a company specializing in Workers’ Compensation fraud. After spending more than 4 years with that company, Mr. Schneemann accumulated enough hours to apply for his own Private Investigator Licence and in July of 1996 he founded Western Investigations. With nearly 30 years of experience in the investigations industry, Mr. Schneemann has gained experience in a wide variety of investigative services. Our customers are the primary beneficiaries of that experience. Whether your case involves surveillance, infidelity or family law matters, witness location or witness interviews, locates, backgrounds or corporate intelligence gathering, our firm can assist your needs. Your case may very well be unique. Every case is, but our vast experience has enabled the company to put systems in place for handling cases just like yours. Our flexible approach in applying a wide variety of investigative services provides our clients with the best chance for success.
But, don’t take our word for it… Call us right now and find out for yourself. Call and speak to our founder, Patrick R. Schneemann and you’ll find that we will take the time to listen carefully to your case circumstances and understand your objectives… You will then be provided with a clear description of our investigative approach and we’ll let you know exactly what the investigation will cost.
Call today! And, give us a chance to earn your business.
What to Look For When Hiring a Private Investigator in Salt Lake City
If you’ve landed on this page, chances are you’re considering hiring a private investigator in Salt Lake City. Before calling a Salt Lake City private investigator, here’s a list of things you might want to consider:
1. Licensing – Is the Private Investigator Licensed? The State of Utah requires that private investigators are licensed through the State of Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) https://bci.utah.gov/private-investigator-licensing/. The State of Utah also provides an online license verification form to assist you in confirming the private investigator is licensed.
2. Experienced – Is the prospective Utah Private Investigator experienced in area of your investigation? Virtually every Salt Lake City Private Investigator will claim to have experience in the area of your case type. The best way to determine if the detective is truly experienced is the speak to the investigator on the phone or in person and question the P.I. about the nature of his or her experience. Remember to trust your “gut” when evaluating the answers.
3. Clarity – Take it from an experienced industry professional when I say that Private Investigation work is not rocket science. I am not suggesting the work is easy and I’ve learned that not everyone is cut out for the work. But, when a Salt Lake City Private Investigator explains the process and investigative approach, it should make sense and be easy to understand. The Private Investigator should be able to articulate the investigative strategy in way that seems logical and provides you with realistic expectations in terms of the results. In the end, go with the private investigator who under promises and over delivers.
4. Access – Client access to field investigators and the investigations manager is an important part of any investigation. Frequent client contact not only keeps the client updated as to the status, but it also increases the likelihood for a successful investigation outcome. All the experience in the world does not make the investigator more of an expert on the target than a wife, husband, girlfriend or employer is on the person they have known for many years. Clients are valuable assets and experienced investigator allow clients to access field personnel because it keeps clients happily informed as well as leading to happy case outcomes.
5. Upfront Billing Rates / Formal Contract – Before agreeing to move forward with a Salt Lake City Private Investigator make sure the investigator provides you with a clear quote and agrees to NO billing surprises. Make sure all billing issues are “on the table” discussed up front. The private investigator should provide you with hourly rate for surveillance as well as the exact flat rate for services such as Background Investigations, Locate Investigations, Database Research, etc… Feel free Inquire specifically about billable travel time, mileage rate, report writing charge, daily hourly minimums, flat rates for court time, etc… Ask for a written contract or Letter of Engagement and make sure the terms are clearly outlined within the document. Feel free to inquire about the investigator’s policy in the case of a conflict of interest as well as their confidentiality guarantee – both should be addressed within the formal written agreement.
In the end, think deeply and critically before hiring a Salt Lake City Private Investigator and trust your gut. You can start, by calling Western Investigations today and inquiring about our services. Give us a chance to earn your business.
Family Law Investigations
Workers' Compensation Investigations
Locate Services - Finding People
Sexual Harassment Investigations
AREAS WE SERVE
Western Investigations is a Statewide Private Detective Agency. Over the past 25 years, we’ve been able to establish a wide network of investigators throughout the state of Utah. Our office is located in Salt Lake City but we blanket the entire state. From St. George to Logan and from Vernal to Wendover, Western Investigations can handle the assignment. Our clients are billed locally because our service is local. We are familiar with the state. As Utah’s premier private investigation agency we get results.
Enoch Farmington Fillmore Green River Gunnison Heber Herriman Highland Holladay Kamas Kanab Kaysville Kearns Lehi Lindon Magna Manti Midvale Milford Millcreek Moab Murray Nephi Ogden Orem Park City Parowan Payson Pleasant Grove Price Provo Riverton Roosevelt Roy St. George Salem Salt Lake City Sandy Saratoga Springs Smithfield Snowville South Jordan Spanish Fork Springville Stansbury Park Taylorsville Tooele Tremonton Vernal Vernon Wendover West Jordan Alpine American Fork Beaver Bluffdale Bountiful Cedar City Cache Centerville Coalville Cottonwood Heights Draper Eagle Mountain